Downing is an award-winning leading developer, owner and operator of bespoke, luxury student accommodation, residential and commercial property across the UK. We have been operating for over 30 years and currently have 18 operational student accommodation schemes in 9 major cities, with additional impressive projects currently under construction.
We are currently looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our busy Finance department here at Downing’s Head Office in Liverpool City Centre. We are happy to consider candidates with varying levels of experience as long as they are able to demonstrate an enthusiasm for accounts.
- Accurate input and maintenance of ledgers for various trading entities.
- Checking and prioritising purchase invoices for multi-companies before inputting.
- Matching of invoices to purchase orders and delivery notes where relevant.
- Obtain authorisation for timely payment and producing the payment run.
- Organising and filing of invoices.
- Student payments team support, dealing with enquiries from students via email and over the phone to process their payments.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Reconciliation of monthly credit card statements and posting of entries into the accounting system.
- Sales ledger processing, credit control.
- Answering queries by phone & email.
- Assist the finance department with any other duties as required.
- Excellent IT skills including a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office and strong Excel skills
- Good communication skills and able to work to own initiative
- Good organisational skills
- Smartly presented with first class customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Company Pension
- Life assurance cover
- Free on-site gym
- Central location
- Modern office space