We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Administrative Coordinator to join our student administration and sales team. We are looking for a dynamic individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has excellent interpersonal skills and strong attention to detail. This is a permanent contract based at Downing’s Head Office in Liverpool City Centre.
You will provide support to both our domestic and international markets, as well as managing our day-to-day relationships with accommodation agents and customers.
Quality customer service is paramount, as are excellent relationship management skills.
Downing is a family-owned, market leading real-estate investment, development and property management business; highly regarded in the student accommodation sector. With over 30 years’ experience building and managing student accommodation Downing currently has 15 student accommodation sites across 9 major cities, and a further £1bn of upcoming developments in our pipeline.
- Managing both customer, and international accommodation agent enquiries via email, telephone, WhatsApp, and WeChat
- Ensuring all sales enquiries are responded to and processed within appropriate time-frames; successfully converting general enquiries into sales
- Assist in managing the sales booking processes, e.g., obtaining applications and documentation
- Generating sales reports as and when required and updating our CRM system and company-wide departments
- Assist in the negotiation of marketing fees and commission structures with external accommodation agents, and track agent performance
- Updating accommodation agents of booking availability and prices and support growth in emerging international student markets
- Liaising with our China office with regards to agent requests, feedback, market trends, competitors, and support with marketing materials
- Help arranging agent visits, live streams, filming etc. with Operations teams
- Reconciling payments and commissions
- Reconciling budgets and incentives
- Previous experience within a Sales / Administration role
- Previous experience using booking / CRM systems within a data compliant environment
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Excellent IT skills, including a strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Previous experience working with international accommodation agencies
- Previous experience within Student Accommodation or University sector
- A working knowledge of Kinetics and HubSpot
- Ability to speak additional languages, more specifically Mandarin
- Modern on-site gym
- Life Assurance cover
- Group income protection
- Pension contribution