Assistant Design Manager
For over 30 years Downing have developed and managed bespoke accommodation and commercial buildings for a range of blue-chip companies, central government departments and leading universities. Over recent years we have become a leading name in the world of purpose-built student accommodation (PBSA) and have upheld an excellent reputation for our award-winning design and high-end quality.
We are now looking for talented Assistant Design Manager to join us at Downing, working closely with the Design Manager to help create some of our largest, and most innovative, schemes across the UK. Based in the North West, you will help support in the initial development and design of a £300 million project, implementing exciting ideas for our luxury multi-accommodation building. This is an exciting role as your position is integral in contributing to the very early first stages of our new, state-of-the-art developments.
With over £1.5 billion of developments successfully completed, we are continuing to significantly expand our presence across the UK, and working to deliver a further £1 billion of new landmark schemes in the most prestigious student cities.
- Assist in the utilisation of consultants where required, delivering projects to specified requirements, program, quality and cost restraints.
- Support in taking on designs; oversee work on site, manage designs on site with operational staff to handover and maintain working drawings.
- Work closely with the Design Manager to exercise complete control for the consultant and contractor coordination and approval process
- Chair and minute regular design meetings and workshops.
- Assist with tracking technical aspects of our obligations including, but not limited to, Planning Condition discharge, Secured by Design, Building Regulation submissions and BREEAM.
- Possesses a strong design background, heavily based on project management and coordinating the work of others, with a keen vision for how working drawings will function on site.
- Can demonstrate a successful background in construction management.
- Displays solid pre-construction and live project/delivery experience.
- Has a thorough understanding of the entire construction process, from concept design, through to handover.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Contributory pension
- Life assurance policy