Assistant Halls Manager
Downing is an award-winning leading developer, owner and operator of bespoke, luxury student accommodation across the UK. We have been operating for over 30 years and currently have 18 buildings in 9 major cities, with additional impressive schemes currently under construction around the country.
As the result of a recent internal promotion, we currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Assistant Halls Manager to join our outstanding luxury student accommodation scheme in Manchester City Centre. This impressive 792-bed scheme, which is based in a vibrant regeneration area, will include a cinema room and gym amongst other high spec amenities.
As an Assistant Halls Manager, you will be responsible with the assistance of all operational activities within the scheme whilst managing and overseeing an in-house team along with sub-contractors. You will ensure that an exceptional level of customer service is provided, and the building is managed and maintained to a high standard.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm or 9am – 6pm. Rota Requirement of 1 in 6 Saturdays. There will also be a requirement to work overtime on weekends during the busy student turnaround period and check in weekends.
- Assist the Halls Manager in the day to day management and maintenance of the buildings.
- Ensure the building is managed and maintained in accordance with Downing Students policies and procedures
- To manage the student letting cycle to ensure 100% occupancy. This will include marketing activities, scheduling for availability, viewings, check in and out, inspections, tenancy agreements, rent & arrears management, student welfare & head office documentation.
- To provide customer focused facilities and maintenance services to include management of utilities, waste, security & cleaning contracts and full budgets.
- To provide site/building management to, ensure best practice at all times, scheduling and management of trades, support services plus supporting the relationship building with local Police, Fire, Ambulance and supporting partners e.g. University.
- Contribute to ensuring compliance with Health & Safety legislation, and that all risk assessments are correctly carried out.
- A proven successful track record in a management role within student accommodation.
- An outstanding level of customer service.
- The ability to manage a multi-disciplined team.
- Previous experience in a service driven environment and exceeding service levels.
- The ability to think on your feet and exercise sound judgement and reasoning.
- Competitive salary
- Paid overtime
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance cover