We have an exciting opportunity available for an Assistant Halls Manager to join the team in our Atlas scheme in Vauxhall, London. As part of this role, you will support the Halls Manager with the running of this outstanding 578 bed luxury student accommodation building.
Downing is an award-winning leading developer, owner and operator of bespoke, luxury student accommodation across the UK. We have been operating for over 30 years and currently have 18 buildings in 9 major cities, with additional impressive schemes currently under construction around the country.
Hours of work for the role are 40 hours per week Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm or 9am – 6pm with 1 in 4 Saturdays worked on a rota basis with a day in lieu. There will also be a requirement to work overtime on weekends during the busy student turnaround period and check in weekends.
Reporting to the Halls Manager, the Assistant Manager will support with the following key duties:
- Assist the Halls Manager in the day to day management and maintenance of the buildings including en-suite study-bedrooms.
- Ensure maximum occupancy of the residence and implement effective and efficient management policies, practices and procedures to ensure the residents receive a high-quality service.
- Ensure that all performance targets and improvement plans for the site are achieved with a focus on continuous improvement & value for money.
- Ensure the building is managed and maintained in accordance with Downing Students policies and procedures.
- Assist in producing all reports relevant for the management of the site to include lettings, rent collection, maintenance and incident reporting.
- Provide assistance out of hours as required.
- Undertake accompanied property viewings.
- Contribute to achieving all monthly lettings targets to ensure the site is 100% let year on year.
- Liaise with Head Office with regard to the issue and return of tenancy agreements.
- Collect rents and chase arrears in accordance with company policy & procedures.
- Assist in planning the availability and viewing of all rooms to let.
- Maximize non-core income e.g. promoting extensions, summer schools, and vending.
- Manage all student complaints in a professional and confidential manner.
- Have regard for Student Welfare and liaise with the appropriate welfare professionals as required.
- Maintain a focus on delivering services within agreed budgetary & resource parameters.
- Host periodic student events to enhance student satisfaction.
We are looking for someone to be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience within an accommodation setting, ideally student related.
- Smartly presented with first class communication skills.
- Good working knowledge around H&S practises.
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service and providing a positive customer experience.
- Ability to supervise and motivate a team.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office suite, particularly Excel.
Downing employees get to work within fantastic environments, with passionate team members and will be fully supported by a senior management team who have extensive experience within the field of student accommodation. You will also receive:
- Competitive salary
- Paid overtime
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance cover