Downing, established for over 30 years, is an award winning, leading provider of innovative, high quality student accommodation across the UK. With four and a half thousand rooms currently letting and over three and a half thousand more en-suite rooms in the immediate development pipeline, an exciting opportunity exists to grow with this highly successful, dynamic Company as it expands its operations.
We are looking for an Assistant Halls of Residence Manager to join our team responsible for the operational activities within our 209 studio bedrooms in North Acton, London with an additional 497 beds to open in the summer of 2019.
As Assistant Halls of Residence Manager, you will be responsible for delivering the best possible customer experience for our customers and increase satisfaction.
You will organise and oversee the effective delivery of customer service through the front of house reception, ensuring the highest level of customer service is provided. You will strive to meet and exceed our customer expectations.
To work within a team to provide cover from 08:00 hrs to 18:00 hrs Monday to Friday and 08:00 hrs to 17:00 hrs on a Saturday on a rota’d shift basis, with cover for weekends as required, to support around student check in weekends.
Key Purpose of the Role
- Assist the Halls Manager in the day to day management and maintenance of the buildings including en-suite study-bedrooms
- Ensure maximum occupancy of the residence and implement effective and efficient management policies, practices and procedures to ensure the residents receive a high quality service
- Ensure that all performance targets and improvement plans for the site are achieved with a focus on continuous improvement & value for money
- Ensure the building is managed and maintained in accordance with Downing Students policies and procedures
- Assist in producing all reports relevant for the management of the site to include lettings, rent collection, maintenance and incident reporting
- Provide assistance out of hours as required
To assist in the management of the student letting cycle
- Undertake accompanied property viewings
- Contribute to achieving all monthly lettings targets to ensure the site is 100% let year on year
- Liaise with Head Office with regard to the issue and return of tenancy agreements
- Collect rents and chase arrears in accordance with company policy & procedures
- Assist in planning the availability and viewing of all rooms to let
- Maximize non-core income e.g. promoting extensions, summer schools, and vending
To ensure we provide the best possible service to all customers including students, staff and visitors
- Manage all student complaints in a professional and confidential manner
- Have regard for Student Welfare and liaise with the appropriate welfare professionals as required
- Maintain a focus on delivering services within agreed budgetary & resource parameters
- Host periodic student events to enhance student satisfaction
Essential Candidate qualities:
- Smartly presented with first class customer service skills
- First class written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent IT skills including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- A proven commercial experience of working within the student/university halls accommodation, build to rent or hotel sector
- You should be passionate about ensuring our residents receive only the highest quality service and have the communication skills to encourage this in others
- Possess a friendly, confident and engaging personality, able to communicate effectively and professionally and build strong relationships with current and potential residents, universities and Language schools.
- You will be innovative in your approach and be able to implement initiatives to improve performance and ensure excellent customer service
- To be dynamic and 100% customer service & service delivery focused
- Experience in a sales environment and the ability to negotiate sales face to face, via phone or via email
- To be self-motivated, well organised and excel under pressure
- Experience in building relationships and meeting KPI’s
- Experience of supervising/supporting other team members