Downing has been operating for 30 years, across three successful divisions: mixed use development, property management, and construction and an award winning, leading provider of innovative, high quality student accommodation across the UK and Scotland.
The business is currently in a rapid period of expansion and its holistic approach is the key to its sustainability. Maintaining a thriving investment portfolio the business is continuing to grow as a major force in the property industry throughout the UK.
Building Information Modelling, or BIM is an integrated digital process providing coordinated and reliable information about a project through all of its phases – from design to construction and operation. In order to run a BIM project successfully, there needs to be a hardworking and passionate focal point at the centre of the scheme. We aim to recruit someone who can successfully manage the data, the process and make sure that BIM protocols are followed and that key stakeholders are all working with the BIM process to ensure success.
The BIM Coordinator position will require you to work closely with the architects and construction design team, including subcontractors, to support the daily use of BIM processes, coordinating the supply chain, advising best practice and overall driving the progression towards fully digital operations.
The position will be site based reporting to the on-site Design Manager.
- Review 3D Models from architects, consultants and sub-contractors
- Conduct clash detection and visual walkthroughs using BIM software
- Audit and review 3D models
- Hold weekly coordination meetings with project team members
- Early design review and constructability analysis
- Manage / Update BIM Project Documents
- 3D Model Quantity Extraction / Verification
- Inputting key technical data for contractors/suppliers who are not competent or experienced in using BIM programmes/software
- In depth knowledge of BIM processes as well as the programmes used in order to engage in BIM (Revit, AutoCAD etc)
- In depth knowledge of the construction process
- Experience managing BIM coordination meetings, ensuring stakeholders understand their role in the BIM process.
- Experience of model analysis (clash detection etc)
- The successful candidate will be focused and have the ability to communicate at all levels as well as be a team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail and the ability to multitask and work to deadlines
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and friendly approach