Downing is a family-owned, market leading real estate investment, development and property management business; highly regarded in the student accommodation sector. Downing has operated for over 30 years, with 15 student accommodation sites across 9 major cities, and a further £1bn of upcoming developments in our pipe line.
The role will be assisting with the development of solutions to address observations made by independent consultants and progressing the required works in conjunction with a wider team.
You will be the link between the field staff, office, designers, residents, building managers, contractors and end users (and/or their agents), overseeing all aspects relating to delivery including quality control & compliance, sourcing and managing contractors, writing/issuing RAMS, dealing with enquiries.
To provide overall leadership on a number of projects across the Country.
Overseeing all works from start to completion ready for sign-off, ensuring projects are resourced correctly & operating within the company HSEQ procedures.
To work from our offices in Liverpool, however, travel will be essential as required to suit the individual needs of each project and will include projects as North as Edinburgh, or South as London.
- Managing multiple projects across the Country from set-up to handover (value ranging anywhere between £100k and £3M).
- Collaborating with fire engineers, architects etc. to determine the exact scope of works required for each of the projects before seeking approvals (Building Owner/Building Control and the like)
- Liaising with external entities including Consultants, Lawyers, Building Owners, Building Managers and their consultants
- Project specific research from internal records to support responses to external parties
- Managing sub-contractors & consultants
- Manage and ensure team are complying with project information and commercial constraints
- Track and report at weekly internal and external update meetings
- Planning of resources, including materials, labour, and sub-contractors
- Manage and maintain all HSEQ requirements
- To ensure production controls are in place for monitoring, reporting, benchmarking works and improving performance
- Final inspection of works completed by sub-contractors as required
- To provide weekly reports on progress to the Operations Director and the Commercial Director.
To have strong people and leadership skills
- Exceptional written and spoken English skills
- Strong commercial & contract awareness
- Good communication and delegation skills
- Organisation and time management skills
- Self-motivated personality
- To be able to work as part of a team
- 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Life assurance cover
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- Car allowance / Company Car
- Modern office spaces (including on-site)