Customer Service Administrator
Downing is an award-winning leading developer, owner and operator of bespoke, luxury student accommodation, residential and commercial property across the UK. We have been operating for over 30 years and currently have 19 operational student accommodation schemes in 9 major cities, with additional impressive projects currently under construction.
We are currently looking for a Customer Service Administrator to join our busy front of house team, working at our impressive Student Accommodation schemes in Glasgow’s West End. Your time will be split across the two buildings totalling over 1000 beds.
The Customer Service Administrator is generally the first point of contact, therefore has the responsibility of being an excellent brand ambassador for Downing. This exciting, fast-paced position will involve working as part of a busy team and undertaking an extremely varied workload.
- Providing front of office support to residents and visitors to the building, maintaining excellent customer service at all times.
- Updating the company in-house booking and customer relationship management system.
- Supporting customer show rounds to ensure maximum occupancy of the residence.
- Ensure the building is managed and maintained in line with company policies and procedures to make sure the residents receive a high-quality service.
- Respond positively and quickly to customer enquiries and complaints and take appropriate action in line with company procedures.
- Supporting with the coordination of social events and open days.
- Have regard for Student Welfare and if necessary, liaise with the appropriate welfare professionals.
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements.
- Manage the incoming post and deliveries and ensure it is distributed efficiently.
- Previous experience within a highly customer focused role.
- Experience within accommodation, hotels/hospitality or retail would be preferred.
- Outstanding customer service skills with strong verbal and written communication.
- The ability to think on your feet.
- A confident, polite and professional persona.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems including Microsoft Office.
- Smartly presented.
Hours of Work:
- 40 hours per week Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm / 9am – 6pm, working 1 in 4 Saturdays with a lieu day off the following week. There will also be a requirement to work overtime on weekends during the busy student turnaround period and check in weekends.
- Competitive salary
- Paid overtime
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance cover