Customer Service Administrator
We are looking for a Customer Service Administrator to join a busy front of house team working at our Student Accommodation schemes in the heart of Liverpool’s vibrant City Centre. Your time will be split across the two buildings totalling 331 beds.
Downing is an award-winning leading developer, owner and operator of bespoke, luxury student accommodation across the UK. We have been operating for over 30 years and currently have 15 buildings in 9 major cities, with additional impressive schemes currently under construction.
The Customer Service Administrator is generally the first point of contact, therefore has the responsibility of being an excellent brand ambassador for Downing. This exciting, fast-paced position will involve working as part of a small team and undertaking an extremely varied workload. Some of the main duties include:
- Providing front of office support to residents and visitors to the building, maintaining excellent customer service at all times.
- Updating the company in-house booking and customer relationship management system.
- Supporting customer show rounds to ensure maximum occupancy of the residence.
- Ensure the building is managed and maintained in line with company policies and procedures to make sure the residents receive a high-quality service.
- Respond positively and quickly to customer enquiries and complaints and take appropriate action in line with company procedures.
- Supporting with the coordination of social events and open days.
- Have regard for Student Welfare and if necessary, liaise with the appropriate welfare professionals.
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements.
- Manage the incoming post and deliveries and ensure it is distributed efficiently.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm, working 1 in 4 Saturdays with a lieu day off the following week. There will also be a requirement to work overtime on weekends during the busy student turnaround period and check in weekends.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience within a highly customer focused role.
- Experience within accommodation, hotels/hospitality or retail would be preferred.
- Outstanding customer service skills with strong verbal and written communication.
- The ability to think on your feet.
- A confident, polite and professional persona.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems including Microsoft Office.
- Smartly presented.
Downing employees get to work within fantastic environments, with passionate team members and will be fully supported by a management team who have extensive experience within the field of student accommodation. You will also receive:
- Competitive salary
- Paid overtime
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance cover