Customer Service Administrator
Downing is an award-winning leading developer, owner and operator of bespoke, luxury student accommodation, residential and commercial space, across the UK. We have been operating for over 30 years and currently have 19 operational buildings in 10 major cities, with additional impressive schemes currently under construction.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated Customer Service Administrator to join our front of house team responsible for the management of our outstanding Vauxhall schemes, one of which being our largest and newest student accommodation schemes. Our luxury Vauxhall sites collectively total to 1,400 beds, with additional communal spaces ranging from a swimming pool, roof terraces, and games area.
You will act as the first point of contact for our students and residents, assisting them in their day-to-day needs to ensure they are provided with a premium home from home experience.
The role is 40 hours per week Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm / 9am – 6pm, working 1 in 4 Saturdays with a lieu day off the following week. There will also be a requirement to work overtime on weekends during the busy student turnaround period and check in weekends.
- Providing front of office support to residents and visitors to the building, maintaining excellent customer service at all times.
- Updating the company in-house booking and customer relationship management system.
- Supporting customer show rounds to ensure maximum occupancy of the residence.
- Ensure the building is managed and maintained in line with company policies and procedures to make sure the residents receive a high-quality service.
- Respond positively and quickly to customer enquiries and complaints and take appropriate action in line with company procedures.
- Supporting with the coordination of social events and open days.
- Have regard for Student Welfare and if necessary, liaise with the appropriate welfare professionals.
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements.
- Manage the incoming post and deliveries and ensure it is distributed efficiently.
- Previous experience within a highly customer focused role.
- Experience within accommodation, hotels/hospitality or retail would be preferred.
- Outstanding customer service skills with strong verbal and written communication.
- The ability to think on your feet.
- A confident, polite and professional persona.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems including Microsoft Office.
- Smartly presented.
- Central locations
- Paid overtime
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance cover