Design Management Team Lead
We are looking for a Design Management Team Lead to join us at Downing, working alongside the construction team. Based out of our Head Office in Liverpool, you will oversee consultants supporting the development of a £300 Million multipurpose project of luxury multi-accommodation buildings.
Downing is a family-owned, market leading real estate investment, development and property management business; highly regarded in the student accommodation sector. Downing has operated for over 30 years, with 15 student accommodation sites across 9 major cities, and a further £1bn of upcoming developments in our pipeline.
- Work on a small number of luxury student accommodation and residential schemes across the UK.
- Manage and motivate consultants where required in leading design activities on projects to specified requirements, program, quality and cost restraints.
- Take on designs; oversee work on site, manage designs on site with operational staff to handover and maintain working drawings.
- Provide guidance and support to the design & site team as required.
- Exercise complete control for the consultant and contractor coordination and approval process utilising Asite by direct action or delegation where appropriate.
- Chair and minute regular design meetings and workshops by direct action or delegation where appropriate.
- Lead and track technical aspects of our obligations including, but not limited to, Planning Condition discharge, Secured by Design, Building Regulation submissions and BREEAM.
- Keep up to date with the changing building legislation and codes of practice relating to design.
- Possesses a strong design background, heavily based on project management and coordinating the work of others, with a keen vision for how working drawings will function on site.
- Can demonstrate a successful background in design management.
- Displays solid pre-construction and live project/delivery experience.
- Has a thorough understanding of the entire construction process, from concept design, through to handover.
- Is an excellent forward planner and motivator to lead large teams with different goals to enable them to work together to produce a coordinated and coherent design.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance cover
- Medical Insurance
- On-site gym
- Pension contribution
- Car / Car allowance