We are looking for talented Design Managers to join us at Downing, working alongside the Construction team. Based in the North West, you will help support in the development and design of a £300 million multipurpose project, implementing exciting ideas for our luxury multi-accommodation building.
In addition there are also opportunities available to support a mixed use scheme in Leeds to create student accommodation and a multi-purpose events venue.
Downing is a family-owned, market leading real estate investment, development and property management business; highly regarded in the student accommodation sector. Downing has operated for over 30 years, with 15 student accommodation sites across 9 major cities, and a further £1bn of upcoming developments in our pipe line.
- Utilise consultants where required, delivering projects to specified requirements, program, quality and cost restraints.
- Take on designs; oversee work on site, manage designs on site with operational staff to handover and maintain working drawings.
- Provide guidance and support to the design & site team as required.
- Exercise complete control for the consultant and contractor coordination and approval process
- Chair and minute regular design meetings and workshops.
- Lead and track technical aspects of our obligations including, but not limited to, Planning Condition discharge, Secured by Design, Building Regulation submissions and BREEAM.
- Possesses a strong design background, heavily based on project management and coordinating the work of others, with a keen vision for how working drawings will function on site.
- Can demonstrate a successful background in construction management.
- Displays solid pre-construction and live project/delivery experience.
- Has a thorough understanding of the entire construction process, from concept design, through to handover.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Contributory pension
- Life assurance policy
- Permanent Health Insurance scheme