Due to company expansion, we are looking for an additional experienced Facilities Manager to join the busy property team, based here in our Head Office in Liverpool.
For over 30 years Downing have developed, built and managed bespoke residential and commercial schemes for a range of blue-chip companies, central government departments and leading universities. We have become a leading name in the world of purpose-built student accommodation and have upheld an excellent reputation for our award-winning design and high-end quality.
We are within our most significant expansion phase to date, with a number of high-profile projects currently under construction, and many more in the pipeline.
Reporting to the Head of Property Management, the Facilities Manager will be responsible and take ownership for managing a portfolio of commercial and private residential properties throughout the UK. The FM will be managing operational budgets for each site and will have full responsibility for H&S, PPM, Service Provider Management along with other key duties.
The person we are looking for must be able to demonstrate:
- Extensive experience in a Total Facilities Management role within residential and commercial environments and service charge management.
- Previous experience managing refurbishment and life cycle replacement projects.
- Qualified to MWIFM level or above is preferable.
- A strong commercial awareness.
- Experience of full, high-value budget management.
- In in depth and thorough knowledge of H&S within both commercial and residential settings.
- Management of 3rd party service contracts and contractors.
- Excellent technical knowledge of maintenance and all facets if facility operations.
- Supervisory experience and reporting skills.
- A strong focus on customer experience and service delivery.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
There will be travel involved with the role and you may be expected to stay away from home where necessary.
This is an exciting and rewarding time to join Downing, who were named ‘Developer of The Year’ in 2019. As our portfolio expands, so does our talented workforce and we are proud to create a supportive and inspiring environment for our UK wide teams.
You will receive:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Private health insurance – BUPA.
- Competitive salary.
- Life assurance policy.