Property / Facilities Manager
Here at Downing, we have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Facilities Manger to join our Property team at Head Office, based in Liverpool City Centre.
For over 30 years Downing have developed, built and managed bespoke residential and commercial schemes for a range of blue-chip companies, central government departments and leading universities.
We have become a leading name in the world of purpose-built student accommodation and have upheld an excellent reputation for our award-winning design and high-end quality, winning ‘Developer of the Year’ in 2019. We are currently within our most significant expansion phase to date, with a number of high-profile projects currently under constructions, and many more developments in our pipeline.
Reporting to the Head of Property Management, the successful applicant will be based at our Liverpool Head Office, managing a portfolio of properties across a number of UK sites, including PBSA and Commercial and Residential properties. They will manage operational budgets of up to £1.5million per property with hands on support from our Operations team and an FM Assistant.
- Health & Safety management
- Reactive and Planned maintenance
- Life cycle replacement and refurbishment projects
- Budget forecasting and management per managed site
- Contract management and liaison with 3rd party, hard and soft service providers
- Close and effective communication with site-based colleagues
- Extensive experience in a Total Facilities Management role
- Supervisory experience and reporting skills essential
- Experience within a strong customer focus / service delivery role
- Strong and efficient problem-solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of bespoke ICT systems, including 3rd party on-line portals.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Commitment to occasional domestic travel and overnight stays
- Qualified to MIWFM (or a similar professional standard) is preferred but not essential
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance Policy
- Onsite Gym
- Modern office space
- Further benefits may be discussed upon application