Title: Facility Manager.
Role Outline: The facility management of a portfolio of high quality properties across the UK.
- Health and Safety – to monitor, audit, report on, and review compliance at each property and manage any remedial actions.
- Planned Preventative Maintenance – to monitor and review planned maintenance regimes and manage reactive maintenance works, as required at each property, to ensure the proper upkeep and operation of each property’s fabric, equipment, installations and services.
- Service Provider Management – to monitor, audit, report on and manage all soft FM service providers at each property.
- Budget Control – to track and report on operational budgets for each property and to make recommendations for future budgets.
- Facilities Management related qualification(s) to either degree level, CWIFM or industry equivalent.
- Experience and sound technical understanding of health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Experience and sound technical knowledge of maintenance and all facets of facility operations.
- Experience in managing 3rd party service contracts and contractors.
- Computer and systems experience in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Supervisory experience and reporting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Health and Safety – this aspect of the role is supported by external assessments and web based compliance systems.
- Planned Preventative Maintenance – an external service provider is appointed across the Downing Portfolio.
- Service Provider Management – all core FM services are provided by third parties, either on a portfolio wide, or property by property basis.
- Budget Control – quarterly forecasts are required for external clients. Annual operational budgets vary between £250,000 and £1.2m, per property.
- Colleagues/ Support – you will be based at Downing’s Liverpool Head Office, with regular travel to properties as necessary. At Head Office you will be directly supported by an FM assistant and have access to multi-disciplinary colleagues, including Facilities Manager peers.Each property has its own site based team who will run day to day operations. They report to their Operations Manager but provide a valuable resource to each Facility Manager.
Downing currently manages 14 Purpose Built Student Accommodation (“PBSA’s”) properties, (providing 5250 bedrooms), multiple commercial sites (c. 200,000 ft²) and private residential blocks (186 apartments).
A further 2 PBSA’s plus a Private Rented Sceme, will open in 2019 (additional 1050 bedrooms) with a similar annual pipeline going forward.
Each Facility Manager will manage c. 6 properties each, depending on size, complexity and location.
Properties will often be located in geographical clusters.