Halls of Residence Managers X 2
We have 2 exciting opportunities available for experienced Halls Managers to work at our schemes in Vauxhall, London.
Downing is an award-winning leading developer, owner and operator of bespoke, luxury student accommodation, residential and commercial property across the UK. We have been operating for over 30 years and currently have 19 operational student accommodation schemes in 10 major cities, with additional impressive projects currently under construction.
Downing also have plans underway for future developments in London and around the UK, continuing to expand on our award-winning portfolio:
Halls Manager – Vega – 842 beds
- Downing’s largest and newest scheme in London
- The scheme incorporates 842 student bedrooms within a 37-storey tower and a 6-storey office block
- The office block also features a rooftop multi use games area which will be accessible to local residents as well as students
Halls Manager – Atlas – 578 beds
- The building features a roof terrace with a 25-metre swimming pool located next to Atlas
- The scheme also features a 31st floor roof garden overlooking London’s skyline
- Atlas student accommodation is nominated to Kings College London
Each role will report in to the General Manager – South London.
Hours of work for the roles are 40 hours per week Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm or 9am – 6pm with 1 in 4 Saturdays worked on a rota basis with a day in lieu. There will also be a requirement to work overtime on weekends during the busy student turnaround period and check in weekends.
Halls Managers Main Duties:
- Manage direct letting, achieving rent & arrears management within required targets.
- Maximise income e.g. promoting extensions, summer lets and vending.
- Handling partnership agreements with large external institutes and meeting all the relevant KPI’s.
- Supporting student welfare & head office documentation.
- To manage the student letting cycle to ensure 100% occupancy. This will include marketing activities, scheduling for availability, viewings, check in and out, inspections, tenancy agreements.
- Supporting hospitality & customer service functions to include presentation of communal areas, handling of complaints and pastoral issues.
- To provide customer focused facilities and maintenance services to include management of utilities, waste, security & cleaning contracts and full budgets.
- To be responsible for the delivery of the scheme’s statutory inspection and testing programme and all associated paperwork. To prepare reports relating to Health & Safety/site issues.
- To provide site/building management to, ensure best practice at all times, scheduling and management of trades, support services plus supporting the relationship building with local Police, Fire, Ambulance and supporting partners e.g. University.
- Contribute to ensuring compliance with Health & Safety legislation, and that all risk assessments are correctly carried out.
- To instruct the site team regarding Health & Safety, data protection & current legislation.
- Manage defects and resolve complex or outstanding defects.
- Management reporting.
- Contribute to the on-site procurement programme for maintenance, servicing and facilities contracts and to minor contractors throughout the contract term.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- A proven successful track record in a management role within student accommodation
- Experience of direct lets and rent arears
- Experience in working to targets
- Excellent people management skills
- An outstanding level of customer service
- The ability to manage a multi-disciplined team
- Previous experience in a service driven environment and exceeding service levels
- The ability to think on your feet and exercise sound judgement and reasoning
- Strong IT skills
Downing employees get to work within fantastic environments, with passionate team members and will be fully supported by a senior management team who have extensive experience within the field of student accommodation.
The role offers:
- Competitive salary
- Paid overtime
- Company Pension scheme
- Life Assurance cover