Halls of Residence Manager
North Acton, London
We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Halls Manager to lead our busy North Acton team in London. As part of this role, you will be responsible for the management of 2 buildings totalling over 700 beds.
One of the buildings to be managed, is the impressive Holbrook House, which is Downing’s newest scheme in London. The scheme has a 15th floor roof terrace where our residents can enjoy amazing views across the city skyline. Both schemes in North Action are in a highly desirable location, just 20 minutes from Oxford Circus.
Hours of work for the role are 40 hours per week Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm or 9am – 6pm with 1 in 4 Saturdays worked on a rota basis with a day in lieu. There will also be a requirement to work overtime on weekends during the busy student turnaround period and check in weekends.
- Handling partnership agreements with large external institutes and meeting all the relevant KPI’s.
- Supporting hospitality & customer service functions to include presentation of communal areas, handling of complaints and pastoral issues.
- To manage the student letting cycle to ensure 100% occupancy. This will include marketing activities, scheduling for availability, viewings, check in and out, inspections, tenancy agreements, rent & arrears management, student welfare & head office documentation.
- Maximise income e.g. promoting extensions, summer lets and vending.
- To provide customer focused facilities and maintenance services to include management of utilities, waste, security & cleaning contracts and full budgets.
- To be responsible for the delivery of the scheme’s statutory inspection and testing programme and all associated paperwork. To prepare reports relating to Health & Safety/site issues.
- To provide site/building management to, ensure best practice at all times, scheduling and management of trades, support services plus supporting the relationship building with local Police, Fire, Ambulance and supporting partners e.g. University.
- To organise, tender and manage own quota of minor works, planned and preventative maintenance programs.
- Contribute to ensuring compliance with Health & Safety legislation, and that all risk assessments are correctly carried out.
- To instruct the site team regarding Health & Safety, data protection & current legislation.
- Manage defects and resolve complex or outstanding defects.
- Management reporting.
- Contribute to the on-site procurement programme for maintenance, servicing and facilities contracts and to minor contractors throughout the contract term.
- A proven successful track record in a management role within student accommodation.
- An outstanding level of customer service.
- The ability to manage a multi-disciplined team.
- Previous experience in a service driven environment and exceeding service levels.
- The ability to think on your feet and exercise sound judgement and reasoning.
- Competitive salary
- Paid overtime
- Company Pension scheme
- Life Assurance cover