Halls of Residence Manager – Atlas London
We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced residential building manager to join our team responsible for the operational activities within our 578 bed Student Accommodation Scheme in Vauxhall, London.
As Halls Manager, you will be responsible for delivering the best possible experience for our customers and ensuring the delivery of cost effective facilities and maintenance services.
This appointment requires a hands on approach to work alongside and manage a small in-house team together with sub-contractors to maintain the smooth running of this impressive student accommodation development.
Downing is an award-winning leading developer, owner and operator of bespoke, luxury student accommodation, residential and commercial property across the UK. We have been operating for over 30 years and currently have 20 operational student accommodation schemes in 10 major cities, with additional impressive projects currently under construction.
Downing also have plans underway for future developments in London and around the UK, continuing to expand on our award-winning portfolio:
The role will report in to the General Manager – London.
Hours of work for the roles are 40 hours per week Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm or 9am – 6pm with 1 in 4 Saturdays worked on a rota basis with a day in lieu. There will also be a requirement to work overtime on weekends during the busy student turnaround period and check in weekends.
- To manage and motivate a Halls team to operate student accommodation providing a high-quality service for customers
- To instruct the site team regarding Health & Safety, data protection & current legislation
- The role will involve managing partnership agreements with large external institutes and meeting all the relevant KPI’s
- To support hospitality & customer service functions to include presentation of communal areas, handling of complaints and pastoral issues
- To manage the student cycle to ensure optimum occupancy and customer satisfaction. This will include marketing activities, scheduling for availability, viewings, check in and out, inspections, tenancy management, student welfare & head office documentation
- Assist in planning the availability and viewing of all rooms to be let
- Contribute to achieving all targets
- To prepare reports relating to targeted KPi’s
- To provide customer focused Facilities and Maintenance services to include management of utilities, waste, security & cleaning contracts and full budgets
- To be responsible for the delivery of the scheme’s statutory inspection and testing programme and all associated paperwork. To prepare reports relating to Health & Safety/site issues
- To provide site/building management to, ensure best practice at all times, scheduling and management of trades, support services plus supporting the Relationship building with local Police, Fire, Ambulance and supporting partners e.g. University
- To organise, tender and manage own quota of minor works, planned and preventative maintenance programs
- Contribute to ensuring compliance with Health & Safety legislation, and that all risk assessments are correctly carried out
- Manage defects and resolve complex or outstanding defects
- Contribute to the on-site procurement programme for maintenance, servicing and facilities contracts and to minor contractors throughout the contract term
To be considered for the role you will need:
- A proven commercial experience of working with the residential housing or hotel sector
- Experience of working at a similar level within the student accommodation sector would be an advantage
- Experience of handling partnership agreements with large external institutes – nominations experience and lease agreements with universities
- Previous Facilities Management experience would be an advantage
- To manage staff with expertise outside of your current skill set
- To be dynamic and 100% customer service & service delivery focused
- Strong leadership management skills
- To be self-motivated, well organised and excel under pressure
- Experience in building relationships and meeting KPI’s
Downing employees get to work within fantastic environments, with passionate team members and will be fully supported by a senior management team who have extensive experience within the field of student accommodation.
The role offers:
- Competitive salary
- Paid overtime
- Company Pension scheme
- Life Assurance cover