We are now recruiting a team for a brand-new luxury purpose built student accommodation that we are opening in 2020. We are looking a service driven and self-motivated Halls Manager to ensure the smooth running of this newly-built 133 bed, high quality building based in Lambeth.
We will be conducting the initial interview stages via a video call. Once it is safe to return to face to face interaction, we can continue the interviews in person whilst complying with social distancing guidelines.
Downing is an award-winning leading developer, owner and operator of bespoke, luxury student accommodation, residential and commercial property across the UK. We have been operating for over 30 years and currently have 19 operational student accommodation schemes in 9 major cities, with additional impressive projects currently under construction.
Hours of work for the role are 40 hours per week working Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm or 9am – 6pm with 1 in 4 Saturdays worked on a rota basis with a day in lieu. There will also be a requirement to work overtime on weekends during the busy student turnaround period and check in weekends.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, The Halls Manager’s main duties will include:
- Handling partnership agreements with large external institutes and meeting all the relevant KPI’s.
- Supporting hospitality & customer service functions to include presentation of communal areas, handling of complaints and pastoral issues.
- To manage the student letting cycle to ensure 100% occupancy. This will include marketing activities, scheduling for availability, viewings, check in and out, inspections, tenancy agreements, rent & arrears management, student welfare & head office documentation.
- Managing a small multi-disciplined team.
- Maximise income e.g. promoting extensions, summer lets and vending.
- To provide customer focused facilities and maintenance services to include management of utilities, waste, security & cleaning contracts and full budgets.
- To be responsible for the delivery of the scheme’s statutory inspection and testing programme and all associated paperwork. To prepare reports relating to Health & Safety/site issues.
- To provide site/building management to, ensure best practice at all times, scheduling and management of trades, support services plus supporting the relationship building with local Police, Fire, Ambulance and supporting partners e.g. University.
- To organise, tender and manage own quota of minor works, planned and preventative maintenance programs.
- Contribute to ensuring compliance with Health & Safety legislation, and that all risk assessments are correctly carried out.
- To instruct the site team regarding Health & Safety, data protection & current legislation.
- Manage defects and resolve complex or outstanding defects.
- Management reporting.
- Contribute to the on-site procurement programme for maintenance, servicing and facilities contracts and to minor contractors throughout the contract term.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- A proven successful track record in a management role within student accommodation or a similar industry.
- An outstanding level of customer service.
- The ability to manage a multi-disciplined team.
- Previous experience in a service driven environment and exceeding service levels.
- The ability to think on your feet and exercise sound judgement and reasoning.
Downing employees get to work within fantastic environments, with passionate team members and will be fully supported by a senior management team who have extensive experience within the field of student accommodation.
You will also receive:
- Competitive salary
- Paid overtime
- Company Pension scheme
- Life Assurance cover