Head of Sales & Marketing
For over 30 years Downing have developed, built and managed bespoke residential and commercial schemes for a range of blue-chip companies, central government departments and leading universities. We have become a leading name in the world of purpose-built student accommodation and have upheld an excellent reputation for our award-winning design and high-end quality.
An exciting opportunity has opened up within our in-house Marketing team for a high energy Head of Sales & Marketing. This is a full-time position with a particular focus on the student accommodation division of the business whilst also providing support to other divisions (Property Management, Construction, Development).
As Head of Sales & Marketing you will be responsible for leading the sales activity, overseeing the sales team based in properties across the UK. You will review and drive sales processes and utilise all available methods to enquiry management and conversion are the best they can be. You will manage our national and international sales and marketing efforts, utilising multiple methods to reach our student customer base and wider corporate audience. You will have a target-led, analytical and collaborative approach to drive retention, new bookings, positive sales behaviours, and ensure our sales process is effective, and you will be an inspiring and collaborative people manager, able to instil confidence in your team, and enable them to develop and drive the sales activity in the business. As well as the above, you will also be responsible for sales and customer service training across the business.
- To develop and manage sales and marketing plans that will engage our customer base and drive traffic to our properties, implement said plan on time and to budget and track ROI on all activity.
- Support team members in the delivery of sales and marketing plans including branding, onsite marketing, brochure, lead generation, website management and events
- Create, monitor and analyse the performance of communications through the CRM system and other digital platforms
- To drive sales performance across all brands through planning, execution and follow up, establishing clear goals, priorities and actions, ensuring accountabilities are clearly assigned within the team and followed through, creating a competitive spirit and a collaborative and joined-up approach to delivery.
- Overall accountability for national sales performance, including core sales revenue, retention, conversion and summer revenue.
- To produce accurate, detailed reports, presentations, strategies and updates for internal and external stakeholders
- Accountable for all sales metrics and sales processes.
- Help drive positive sales behaviours and outcomes across the business, ensure processes and tools are in place to support these, identify barriers to sales performance and put in steps and processes to mitigate and overcome them and to continuously review sales performance and adjust strategies, proposing bold measures where necessary.
- Actively seek out new opportunities to grow sales performance.
- Maintain strong relationships with our international agents and lead on enhancements to the booking experience for our international customer base to increase sales performance.
- To drive a culture of continuous improvement throughout the team and departments.
- Utilise and manage incentives budgets to drive sales performance and behaviours.
- To ensure competition is monitored closely and have an awareness of the general student recruitment market and react quickly to any external influences
- Manage the pricing and strategy processes each year and throughout the year, obtaining sign-off in a timely manner and ensuring documentation of approvals.
- Keep abreast of current trends in the student accommodation market and be able to quickly react and respond to university and industry changes.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times and in all matters, adhering to Data Protection and the General Data protection regulations.
- Understands the data, analytical in your approach and ability to translate into enhanced performance
- Commercially minded
- Experienced in setting and managing budgets
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent planning, organising and time-management skills
- Confident and articulate presenter
- Ability to deal effectively with people of every level and must be able to quickly gain credibility with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to delegate and prioritise effectively in line with business requirements
- Emotionally intelligent, ability to motivate, engage and understand the strengths and weaknesses of a team
- Ability to adapt and thrive with continual changes and growth
- Proven experience managing marketing campaigns from inception to completion
- Proven experience managing an internal team
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at one time
- Ability to work to tight timelines
- Experience working in the property sector (Student Accommodation / New Homes / BTR) or student recruitment sector
- Knowledge of international student recruitment markets (China, South Asia, Middle East)
- Knowledge and operational use of HubSpot CRM
- Knowledge of Tenancy management systems, Kinetics being an advantage
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension contribution
- Life assurance cover
- Permanent health cover
- Private medical cover
- Modern offices
- On-site gym