Downing are a family-run, award-winning property developer, property management and construction company who have been running for over 30 years. We are entering a significant expansion phase due to growth of the company, so it is an exciting time across the whole business.
We are looking for a Human Resources Administrator to provide comprehensive administrative support to the busy HR team in Head Office in Liverpool. The ideal person will enjoy providing exceptional HR related administrative support. They will be confidential, hard-working and reliable with exceptional attention to detail.
The HR department is will transfer to a new HR database system in the near future and we are looking for support during this important project.
The role will be initially offered on a fixed term contract for 9 months and will be reviewed before the end of the contract, with a view to being extended or may become a permanent position, dependent on business needs following implementation of the new database.
Reporting to the HR Manager, the HR Administrator will provide general support to the HR department and recruitment function as required. A key element will also be to undertake a wide variety of administrative projects to prepare for the installation of the HR database new system and ensure its smooth integration.
Some of the key duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Supporting the HR Manager with the preparation and creation of HR documentation including reports, contracts, letters and forms
- Accurate input, checking and cleansing of employee data
- Managing holiday requests ensuring that the system and database are input and updated accurately
- Maintaining the HR filing and archive system for both electronic and paper documents
- Manage and update employee absence records
- Chasing employees for any outstanding HR documentation
- Supporting with recruitment administration such as creating job adverts, obtaining and chasing references, creating interview packs
We will require the successful person to demonstrate:
- Previous experience within a fast-paced human resource, administrative or business support function would be preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A personable approach with a discreet and confidential attitude
- A very high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge and competency of using Excel, databases, Microsoft Office, Outlook and Word