Downing has been operating for 30 years, across three successful divisions: mixed use development, property management, and construction and an award winning, leading provider of innovative, high quality student accommodation across the UK and Scotland.
The business is currently in a rapid period of expansion and its holistic approach is the key to our sustainability. We maintain a thriving investment portfolio and are continuing to grow as a major force in the property industry throughout the UK.
To provide administrative support in a busy Human Resources Department supporting 3 divisions of the business.
The role supports a wide variety of areas including human resources and recruitment related administration, liaising with managers and staff, maintaining the HR database and holiday process across the business.
Candidates for the role will be considered working part time or full time. Part time hours will be considered in the region of 25 hours per week and full time 35 hours per week.
- Maintaining and updating the HR database and other HR related documentation to ensure accurate recording of employment, personal and payroll information
- To assist with the preparation of HR related documentation regarding a wide variety of areas
- Providing support to the Human Resources Manager and to be able to communicate with all staff and the Directors within the business
- Maintaining absence details on the system, sending out return to work documentation and escalating issues as required
- Ensuring holiday requests are signed off by the relevant Managers and updating the HR database and company holiday calendar
- Booking relevant training courses as required
- Supporting recruitment and administration as required including:
- Posting and advertising recruitment vacancies and assisting in the recruitment admin process across three businesses.
- Drafting and maintaining job descriptions and advertisements
- Preparing offer letters/contracts for new starters
- Supporting the new starter process regarding obtaining references and initiating paperwork for new employees
- Arranging and assisting with inductions for new employees
- Supporting and other recruitment resources as required
- Maintaining the HR filing system
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and develop professional relationships with staff and Managers
- Strong administration skills
- Experience of working in a fast-moving environment
- First class written and verbal communication skills
- A discreet and confidential attitude
- Excellent IT skills including a sound knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Previous experience of working in an administrative capacity in Human Resources or general administration would be preferred
- A willingness to provide support as required within a busy HR function and in other areas of the business to support business need