HR & Recruitment Administrator
Permanent – Part-time
Downing is a family-owned and market leading real estate investment, development and management business; highly regarded in the student accommodation sector, with more than 30 years of experience. Downing has the best-in-class development capability, with over £2bn of developments successfully completed to date, and a further £1bn+ in the pipeline.
As we continue with our exciting expansion phase, we are looking for an experienced Recruitment & HR Administrator to join us at our Head Office based in Liverpool City Centre.
The successful candidate will provide administrative support in a busy Human Resources Department across three divisions of the business. The role supports a wide variety of areas including general human resources administration, recruitment, liaising with managers and staff, maintaining the Human Resources database, sickness and holiday process across the business.
- Maintaining and updating the HR database and other HR related documentation to ensure an accurate recording of employment, personal and payroll information.
- Ensuring holiday requests are signed off by the relevant Managers and updating the HR database and company holiday calendar
- Acting as a key contact for absences, maintaining details on the system, sending out return to work documentation and escalating issues as required
- Assisting with the preparation of HR related documentation regarding a wide variety of areas
- Drafting offer letters/contracts for new starters
- Supporting the new starter process regarding obtaining references and initiating paperwork for new employees
- Maintaining the HR filing system
- Updating computerised and manual HR information systems ensuring accurate recording of employment, personal, staffing and payroll information
- Undertaking annual driving licence checks and any other mandatory checks as required
- Booking relevant training courses as requested
- Preparing ad hoc and regular management reports monitoring areas such as sickness absence, training and probationary review data as required
- Providing support to the Human Resources Manager and the Directors within the business
- Developing and maintaining relationships with managers and colleagues and demonstrating professional credibility
- Participating in training activities, encouraging and supporting staff in their training and development
- Administering and explaining benefits to employees
- Drafting and maintaining job descriptions
- Support with posting and advertising recruitment vacancies and assisting in the recruitment process on an ad hoc basis
- Checking applicant references and initiating human resources paperwork
- Participating in the development and execution of induction programs and procedures for new employees
- Undertaking health and safety duties commensurate with the job
- Keeping up to date information regarding developments in human resources practices and employment legislation
- Previous experience within a fast-paced human resource, administrative, or business support function would be preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A personable approach with a discreet and confidential attitude
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A very hands-on and ‘can-do’ approach showing a willingness to support the team with ad hoc duties.
- Strong working knowledge and competency of using Databases and Microsoft packages including Excel, Outlook, Word
- Company pension
- Life assurance cover
- Permanent health assurance cover
- City Centre location
- Modern on-site gym