An exciting opportunity has opened up within our in-house Marketing team for a creative and hands-on Interim Marketing Manager. This is a full-time, fixed term position to cover a period of maternity leave, with the possibility of a permanent role for the right candidate.
For over 30 years Downing have developed, built and managed bespoke residential and commercial schemes for a range of blue-chip companies, central government departments and leading universities. We have become a leading name in the world of purpose-built student accommodation and have upheld an excellent reputation for our award-winning design and high-end quality.
We are within our most significant expansion phase to date, with a number of high-profile projects currently under construction, and many more in the pipeline.
We are looking for a talented Interim Marketing Manager to focus on the student accommodation division of the business whilst also providing support to other divisions (Property Management, Construction, Development). Reporting directly to the CEOs, the Interim Marketing Manager will lead a small in-house marketing team, and liaise heavily with the Halls teams at our sites around the UK as well as our external partners, suppliers and agencies.
Some of the main duties will include but not be limited to:
- To develop and manage marketing plans that will engage our customer base and drive traffic to our properties, implement said plan on time and to budget and track ROI on all activity.
- Supervise team members in the delivery of marketing plans including branding, onsite marketing, brochure, lead generation, website management and events
- Manage external agencies regarding the preparation of high-quality marketing creative/print and ensure their delivery on time at property level. Supporting the halls teams with clear communication and guidance on implementation.
- Facilitate interdepartmental communications and ensure that company news is distributed accordingly
- Create, monitor and analyse the performance of communications through the CRM system
- Regular site visits to ensure the presentation of all marketing signage and collateral is of a high standard and in line with the brand guidelines
- To be accountable for all marketing literature and its implementation, protecting our brand identity at all times
- To liaise with the hall’s teams regarding local marketing activity and ensure they have all the tools required locally to drive lead generation.
- To be responsible for overall tracking of lead generation and ROI from all marketing activity, research new ways to target demographic.
- To keep abreast of current trends in the student accommodation market and relevant competitors and upgrade or enhance the website and marketing activity accordingly.
- To manage and understand all digital performance through the team.
- To write and deliver engaging and effective online content, with USP’s and competitor detail in mind.
- To develop and proactively undertake projects to showcase the brand and its assets, such as display marketing campaigns, remarketing and retargeting.
Whilst experience within the property, student accommodation or student recruitment experience is highly desirable, consideration will be given to those from other industry backgrounds. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience managing marketing campaigns from inception to completion.
- Knowledge of CRM and ecommerce.
- Extensive people and stakeholder management skills.
- A proven strategic approach to marketing.
- The ability to analyse performance and report this back to stakeholders.
- Proven experience managing multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven experience managing an internal team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to work to tight timelines.
As Downing continue to expand and deliver continued results in our industry, it is a great time to join and become part of our success. As an innovate and forward-thinking business that is lead by a passionate and experienced management team, we welcome people who can demonstrate the same energy and enthusiasm in their work.