Downing are looking for an experienced Internals Site Manager to work as part of our in-house Construction team. The Site Manager will be working on one of our largest, most prestigious student accommodation schemes in Vauxhall, London comprising of 842 beds over 37 storeys. The scheme also includes commercial office space.
We require someone with strong experience in internals, who can see the project through to completion.
We are ideally looking for someone on a permanent, long term basis, although we will consider contract at this stage.
For over 30 years Downing have developed, built and managed bespoke accommodation and commercial buildings for a range of blue-chip companies, central government departments and leading universities. We have become a leading name in the world of purpose-built student accommodation and have up held an excellent reputation for our award-winning design, high-end quality and first-class operational service.
The Site Manager will be working within a wider team reporting into the Project Manager.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate strong experience in the residential sector delivering high quality finishes, along with the following attributes:
- Leadership and people management skills
- Experience of internals – M&E, partitions, first fix
- Detailed knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
- Influencing skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Thorough understanding of project flow and demand fulfilment
- The ability to work with initiative when outside influences affect planned operations
Hours of work are 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday.