We are looking for a Site Manager to work as part of our in-house Construction team. The Site Manager will be working on one of our student accommodation schemes in Lambeth, London.
We are require someone with strong experience in internals, who can see the project through to completion. This is a fixed term contract until July 2020.
For over 30 years Downing have developed and managed bespoke accommodation and commercial buildings for a range of blue-chip companies, central government departments and leading universities. We have become a leading name in the world of purpose-built student accommodation and have upheld an excellent reputation for our award-winning design and high-end quality.
The Site Manager will be overseeing a team of Operatives and 2 Finishing Foreman whilst playing a hands-on role in the team.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate strong experience in the residential sector delivering high quality finishes, along with the following attributes:
- Leadership and people management skills
- Experience of internals
- Detailed knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
- Influencing skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Thorough understanding of project flow and demand fulfilment
- The ability to work with initiative when outside influences affect planned operations
Hours of work are 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday.