The Mont, Edinburgh
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Operative to join our team responsible for the maintenance of our brand new Student Accommodation Scheme with 324 bedrooms in Edinburgh City Centre.
As a Maintenance Operative, you will be responsible for delivering the best experience to our customers by providing a pro-active and responsive repair and maintenance service, ensuring that faults and maintenance requests within the accommodation are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Exercise initiative in providing excellent customer service, liaising effectively with Managers and other colleagues
- Liaise with and monitor onsite contractors to ensure completion of work
- Be responsible for the day to day reactive and preventative maintenance
- Be responsible for the planned maintenance including fire alarm testing, emergency lighting testing, fire extinguisher checks water hygiene flushing / temperature monitoring, shower head descaling and health & safety checks
- Undertake regular building patrols to identify any maintenance requirements or Health and Safety risks
- Undertake scheduled flat inspections and complete all resultant actions in a timely manner
- Record, log and monitor any maintenance issues that may arise within the maintenance log book
- Ensure that maintenance records are kept for the all services, including gas safety inspections, lightening protection systems, fall arrest systems, PAT testing and fixed wiring certification
- Ensure that all Property Documentation Files are accurately maintained and up to date
- Adherence to H&S policy ensuring that Risk Assessments and Method Statements are obtained / maintained and that safe systems of work are followed, including Permit to Work and hot works permits
- Always interact with students professionally, showing empathy towards any maintenance issues you may find and understanding that this is their home.
- Report any welfare issues to a manager immediately
- Take ownership of responsibilities and display pride in work carried out
- Have a thorough understanding of Health & Safety legislation and the impact of the works being undertaken
- Hold a relevant qualification in either plumbing, joinery, or electrical systems if possible
- Have previous experience of domestic electrical/plumbing/general maintenance
- Have intermediate level skills in business operating systems including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Have demonstrable experience of effective communication both orally and in writing
- Have the ability to prioritise your own workload
- Work within a team to cover reception / admin duties and gain a knowledge of the student booking system
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm or 9am to 6pm
- We require you to work 1 in 4 Saturday’s 8am to 5pm on a rota’d shift basis, with hours given back in lieu the following week.
- During our summer turnaround period, we may require additional support to cover additional hours.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Paid overtime at a time a half rate when working over your contracted hours
- Life assurance cover
- Company pension contribution