We are looking for an experienced, multi-skilled Maintenance Assistant to join the in-house team to undertake day to day planned and reactive maintenance and repairs in our Head Office, commercial office premises and student accommodation buildings within Liverpool City Centre.
Downing are an award-winning leading developer, owner and operator of bespoke, luxury student accommodation, residential and commercial property across the UK. We have been operating for over 30 years and currently have 19 operational student accommodation schemes in 9 major cities, with additional impressive projects currently under construction.
The Maintenance Operative will work 40 hours a week, either 8am – 5pm or 9am – 6pm from Monday to Friday and 8am – 5pm on a Saturday on a rota’d shift basis, with cover for weekends as required and to support around student check in weekends. Where a Saturday is worked you will receive a day off in lieu the following week.
- Support both Downing’s Facility Management Team and the site-based Student Operations team to undertake routine compliancy checks, general maintenance/ repair and to contribute to student well-being and their overall experience.
- Monitor onsite contracts and oversee work to ensure it is completed to a high standard.
- Be responsible for routine planned maintenance checks including fire alarm testing, emergency lighting testing, fire extinguisher checks water hygiene flushing / temperature monitoring, shower head descaling and health & safety checks.
- Undertake regular patrols around the building to identify any health and safety risks.
- Record, log and monitor any maintenance issues that are reported by customers either online or in person.
- Ensure that 3rd party maintenance records are kept on site for all services, including gas safety inspections, lightening protection systems, fall arrest systems, PAT testing and fixed wiring certification.
- Adherence to H&S policy ensuring that Risk Assessments and Method Statements are obtained / maintained and that safe systems of work are followed, both internally and by 3rd party contractors, including Permit to Work and hot works permits Undertake scheduled flat inspections and complete all resultant actions in a timely manner.
- Carry out general repairs and maintenance to a high standard around the buildings including reception areas, bathrooms, customer flats, common areas, kitchens at the student schemes and common areas around the commercial and residential schemes.
- Must pass a DBS check
- Experience in general maintenance within a residential or commercial setting.
- A relevant qualification in either plumbing, electrical systems or joinery would be advantageous.
- Have a thorough understanding of Health &Safety regulations.
- A good level of IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to uphold a high level of Customer Service
- Competitive salary
- Paid over-time
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance cover