We are looking for a Maintenance Operative to join our team responsible for the maintenance of our Student Accommodation Scheme with 238 bedrooms in Edinburgh City Centre.
As a Maintenance Operative, you will be responsible for delivering the best experience to our customers by providing a pro-active and responsive repair and maintenance service, ensuring that faults and maintenance requests within the accommodation are dealt with in a timely manner.
Working 20 hours per week, your shifts will involve working Monday – Friday, 4 hours a day between the hours of 10am and 6pm.
This role will provide an opportunity to work approximately 40 hours or more per week during the busy summer months, supporting the festival and busy seasonal holiday period at the scheme from approximately June to the end of September each year.
The Maintenance Operative will:
- Exercise initiative in providing excellent customer service, liaising effectively with Managers and other colleagues
- Liaise with and monitor onsite contractors to ensure completion of work
- Be responsible for the day to day reactive and preventative maintenance
- Be responsible for the planned maintenance including fire alarm testing, emergency lighting testing, fire extinguisher checks water hygiene flushing / temperature monitoring, shower head descaling and health & safety checks
- Undertake regular building patrols to identify any maintenance requirements or Health and Safety risks
- Undertake scheduled flat inspections and complete all resultant actions in a timely manner
- Record, log and monitor any maintenance issues that may arise within the maintenance log book
- Ensure that all Property Documentation Files are accurately maintained and up to date
- Adherence to H&S policy ensuring that Risk Assessments and Method Statements are obtained / maintained and that safe systems of work are followed, including Permit to Work and hot works permits
- Interact with students and understand their needs
We are looking for someone who:
- Can take ownership of responsibilities and display pride in work carried out
- Has a thorough understanding of Health & Safety legislation and the impact of the works being undertaken
- Holds a relevant qualification in either plumbing, joinery or electrical systems if possible
- Has previous experience of domestic electrical/plumbing/general maintenance
- Has intermediate level skills in business operating systems including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Can demonstrate experience of effective communication both orally and in writing
- Has the ability to prioritise your own workload
- Can work within a team to cover reception / admin duties and gain a knowledge of the student booking system
- Possess a full driving licence – if possible