Downing has over 3 decades of experience delivering complex mixed-use sites featuring landmark buildings and multi-storey towers. We have become a key player in the progressive world of student accommodation, constructing high profile, innovative, luxury student accommodation in major cities across the UK.
Our award-winning company is continuing to grow as our portfolio strengthens further, and we are looking for a talented Planner to join the in-house Construction team. This role will be based in Manchester City Centre.
As we move forward with the delivery of multiple phases, the Planner will play a key role in supporting the Planning Manager day to day. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience working on large, high rise projects.
- Strong communication including report writing and presenting.
- Understanding engineering principles.
- Time management and planning.
- Methodological approach.
- High Attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills and relevant knowledge of Planning software.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Strong Problem solving.
- Budget and financial management.
- Leadership and negotiation skills.
- Ideally you will have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an engineering related field.
Along with the above, we are looking for someone who displays a genuine passion for delivering high quality work and displays enthusiasm whether working individually on a project or as part of a team.
You will receive:
- A competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days’ holiday
- Life assurance