Downing Construction is currently expanding and has further schemes planned to complement its existing scheme in the City Centre of Manchester.
This will provide further opportunities for Project Managers to work as part of the in-house Construction Team in the Manchester area.
- We are looking for experienced Project Managers who have tower development experience
- The Managers are required to support new build multi storey residential accommodation.
The requirement is to support a multi phased development with a 3–4 year time frame
Please send your CV and covering details to Sue Price – Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Manager – full job details
Downing has been operating for 30 years, across three successful divisions: mixed use development, property management, and construction and an award winning, leading provider of innovative, high quality student accommodation across the UK and Scotland.
The business is currently in a rapid period of expansion and its holistic approach is the key to its sustainability. Maintaining a thriving investment portfolio the business is continuing to grow as a major force in the property industry throughout the UK.
As a result, there is an immediate opportunity to strengthen
Organise the site so that work is carried out to the required standard and with minimum risk to the general public, supervisory staff, operatives, equipment, materials and the environment
- Organise the site so that work is carried out to the required standard and with minimum risk to the general public, supervisory staff, operatives, equipment, materials and the environment
- Have a working knowledge of the requirements of Health, Safety and Environment legislation, in particular the Health and Safety at Work Act, Construction (Design and Management) Regulations and the Environmental Protection Act etc.
- Know the requirements of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System
- Ensure the project specific Construction Health, Safety and Environment is developed and reviewed periodically
- Ensure that staff under their immediate control are familiar with those parts of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System which affect them or the activities in which they are engaged
- Liaise with their line manager to ensure that staff under their control is trained in relevant Health, Safety and Environment matters
- Ensure that:
- Unauthorised access is prevented so far as is reasonably practicable
- Regulations are observed and that all registers, records and reports are in order
- Proper procedures are followed for the reporting of all accidents and incidents
- Persons wear appropriate protective clothing and equipment
- Adequate Health and Safety facilities and equipment are available and used by staff and operatives
- Visitors and guests are made aware of relevant Health, Safety and Environment matters
- Co-operate with the Health and Safety Director and Health, Safety and Environment Managers
- Arrange pre-contract meetings with contractors to discuss and subsequently check and monitor their working methods and other site requirements
- Prior to carrying out work on site, and, in consultation with the Line Manager / Health, Safety and Environment Manager / Sub-contractors / Suppliers arrange for the preparation, distribution and implementation of the following relevant site specific documents:
- Health and Safety rules
- Risk assessments / mitigation measures
- COSHH assessments
- Method statements
- To wear the appropriate protective clothing and equipment where required
- Be aware of, and within the scope of their responsibilities, actively work towards the achievement of the publicised Health, Safety and Environment Objectives and Targets for the current year
- Ensure all site correspondence and record sheets are sent to Head Office on a weekly basis