Downing has over 25 years’ experience in the delivery of high quality student accommodation and educational facilities. Opportunities exist to grow with this highly successful, dynamic Company as it expands its operations.
We are looking for a self-motivated Property Services Administrator to join our team responsible for our Student Accommodation Schemes in North Acton, London.
This is a permanent, full-time role working 40 hours per week on shifts covering 08:00 hrs to 18:00 hrs Monday to Friday and 08:00 hrs to 17:00 hrs on a Saturday on a rota’d basis, with cover for weekends as required, to support around student check in weekends
- Providing front of office support to residents and visitors to the building to include dealing with general enquiries, post, payment of bills and any contractors.
- Maintaining the company in-house booking and customer relationship management system
- Assist with general communications, debt collection and sales to support the business needs.
- Provide effective and efficient procedures to ensure the residents receive a high quality service
- Ensure maximum occupancy of the residence supporting customer show rounds
- Maintain compliance with ANUK Code of Standards relating to the running of the building
- Respond positively to customer enquiries and complaints and take appropriate action in line with the complaints procedure
- Work within the management policies, practices and procedures to ensure the residents receive a high quality service
- Have regard for Student Welfare and if necessary liaise with the appropriate welfare professionals
- Interact with students and understand their needs
- Work with the Halls Manager, regional and marketing team to ensure literature and marketing material is appropriate, accurately reflecting the accommodation and services provided
- Undertake scheduled flat inspections and complete all resultant actions in a timely manner
- Undertake building patrols as required to identify any maintenance requirements or Health and Safety risks
- Undertake planned, reactive and preventative maintenance tasks as required throughout the academic year and summer.
- Record, log and monitor any maintenance issues that may arise within the maintenance log book
- Support with the day to day management and maintenance of all rooms as required
- To respond to and understand any health and safety matters in a correct and timely manner
- Comply with all Health and Safety requirements.
- First class written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent IT skills including a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Previous experience of working in a customer service environment within hospitality, property, retail, or an accommodation background would be preferred
- Have a thorough understanding of Health & Safety legislation and the impact of the works being undertaken