We are looking for a Purchasing Coordinator to join Downing working from our Head Office in Liverpool City Centre. The Purchasing Coordinator will work as part of our busy Property Management team and support with the procurement of a high volume of goods and services for our multiple sites UK wide.
Downing have over 30 years’ experience in property development, property management and construction, and have become a leading name in the world of luxury student accommodation.
Due to our continued success, we are expanding our impressive property portfolio and have recently completed several more schemes, therefore this opportunity has been created to support Downing’s growing workload.
The Purchasing Coordinator will use Downing’s purchase ordering and management system to procure and manage orders for the supply of goods and services across our managed estate.
Reporting into the Head of Property Management, your main duties will include:
- Receiving orders from multiple sites around the UK.
- Process bulk orders and batching separate orders where necessary.
- Monitor the delivery of goods and services.
- Ensure that orders are in line with budget allocation.
- Review payments to suppliers.
- Review and report on existing supplier performance with benchmarking.
- Sourcing new suppliers.
- Setting up new supplier accounts.
- Forming close working relationships with suppliers.
- Maintain and monitor stock levels.
- Monitor re-stock charges.
- Price analysis and negotiation.
- Assist with the procurement of service contracts.
Due to the fast-paced nature of this role, we are looking for someone who has ideally worked within a facilities management environment or similar before, although other backgrounds will be considered if you can demonstrate:
- Experience in a procurement role.
- Experience handling a high volume of orders.
- Excellent supplier management skills.
- Strong negotiation experience.
- Experience working to budgets and monitoring spend.
- Previous experience using an online corporate ordering and management system.
- Ability to handle a high-volume workload.