We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Receptionist to join our front of house team. This is a permanent position based at Downing’s Head Office in Liverpool City Centre.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who thrives on quality customer service and excellent relationship management skills.
Downing is a family-owned, market leading real-estate investment, development and property management business; highly regarded in the student accommodation sector. With over 30 years’ experience building and managing student accommodation. Downing currently has 15 student accommodation sites across 9 major cities, and a further £1bn of upcoming developments in our pipe line.
- Taking, screening and directing calls via an Avaya switchboard from both UK and international callers.
- To act at the first point of contact between the visitor and the company, meeting and greeting visitors and offering help immediately.
- Representing the business with a positive attitude and approach.
- Making visitors and clients feel welcomed and supporting with general queries.
- Administrative tasks, including ordering stationery and office supplies.
- Receive and sort incoming and outgoing mail.
- Arranging couriers.
- Organising and maintaining the reception area.
- Booking and coordination of meeting rooms, scheduling appointments and meeting times.
- Providing refreshments for visitors and meetings.
- Arranging catering for meetings.
- Ad-hoc duties.
- Experience within a receptionist role.
- Experienced using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).
- Experience directing calls via the switchboard (Avaya preferable but not required).
- Strong organisational skills.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Previous experience of working in a busy reception.
- Positive and friendly approach.
- Good organisational and communication skills.
- Strong multitasking and customer service skills.
- Previous experience of working as a receptionist, front office representative, or similar role.
- Experienced in the se of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Professional approach and presentation.
- Modern on-site gym
- Life Assurance cover
- Group income protection
- Pension contribution