Sales & Marketing Administrator
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales & Marketing Administrator to join our team. We are looking for a dynamic individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has excellent interpersonal skills. This is a permanent contract based at Downing’s Head Office in Liverpool City Centre.
The role initially requires you cover maternity leave to provide interim support to both our domestic and international markets, as well as managing our day-to-day relationships with international accommodation agents. Once your colleague returns, you will become more involved in the supporting of our sales and administrative functions.
To maintain our market share, drive sales, and achieve 100% occupancy you will work with both external and internal stakeholders on a daily basis. You must be able to identify solutions to ensure all stakeholder needs and demands are met whilst driving the best results for the business.
Quality customer service is paramount, as are excellent relationship management skills.
Downing is a family-owned, market leading real estate investment, development and property management business; highly regarded in the student accommodation sector. Downing has operated for over 30 years, with 15 student accommodation sites across 9 major cities, and a further £1bn of upcoming developments in our pipe line.
- Managing both customer, and international accommodation agent enquiries via email, telephone, WhatsApp, and WeChat
- Ensuring all sales enquiries are responded to and processed within appropriate time-frames; successfully converting general enquiries into sales
- Managing the sales booking processes, e.g., obtaining applications and documentation
- Updating both Operations teams and CRM system of all agreed bookings and relevant information
- Generating sales reports as and when required
- Assist in the negotiation of marketing fees and commission structures with external accommodation agents
- Updating accommodation agents of booking availability and prices
- Liaising with our China office to discuss market trends, agent requests, agent feedback, market trends, competitors etc.
- Providing our China office with suitable training and marketing materials
- Assisting in growing our presence emerging international student markets
- Arranging agent visits, live streams, filming etc. with Operations teams
- Regularly tracking agents’ performance
- Reconciling payments and commissions
- Reconciling budgets and incentives
- Previous experience within a Sales / Admin role
- Previous experience using booking / CRM systems within a data compliant environment
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Excellent IT skills, including a strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Previous experience working with international accommodation agencies
- Previous experience within Student Accommodation or University sector
- A working knowledge of Kinetics and HubSpot
- Ability to speak additional languages, more specifically Mandarin
- Modern on-site gym
- Life Assurance cover
- Group income protection
- Pension contribution