An exciting opportunity has opened up within our team for a high energy Sales Business Growth Strategist. This is a full-time position with a particular focus on the student accommodation and co-living division of the business whilst also providing support to other divisions within Downing (Property Management, Construction, Development).
You will primarily be responsible for our national and international student market developing a business and sales strategy to support the growth of international emerging markets and changing student demographics. As well as this, you will oversee the sales team, reviewing and driving sales processes to ensure enquiry management and conversion are the best they can be!
Here at Downing, we are a family-owned, market leading real estate investment, development and property management business; highly regarded in the student accommodation sector. Downing has the best-in-class development capability, with over £2bn of developments successfully completed to date and a further £1bn in the pipe line.
In order to guarantee success, managing relationships will sit at the core of the role, forging strong connections with overseas offices, sales agents, universities and academic institutions. This is a perfect role for those with a target-led, analytical approach, who is eager to a be collaborative and inspiring manager for the team.
- To develop and manage sales plans that will engage our customer base and drive traffic to our properties, implement said plan on time and to budget and track ROI on all activity.
- Deliver a strong sales strategy including branding, onsite marketing, brochure, lead generation, website management and events
- Create, monitor and analyse the performance of communications through the CRM system and other digital platforms
- To drive sales performance across all brands through planning, execution and follow up, establishing clear goals, priorities and actions, ensuring accountabilities are clearly assigned within the team and followed through, creating a competitive spirit and a collaborative and joined-up approach to delivery.
- Accountable for national sales performance, including core sales revenue, retention, conversion and summer revenue.
- To produce accurate, detailed reports, presentations, strategies and updates for internal and external stakeholders
- Accountable for all sales metrics and sales processes.
- Help drive positive sales behaviours and outcomes across the business, ensure processes and tools are in place to support these, identify barriers to sales performance and put in steps and processes to mitigate and overcome them and to continuously review sales performance and adjust strategies, proposing bold measures where necessary.
- Actively seek out new opportunities to grow sales performance.
- Maintain strong relationships with our international agents and lead on enhancements to the booking experience for our international customer base to increase sales performance.
- To drive a culture of continuous improvement throughout the team and departments.
- Utilize and manage incentives budgets to drive sales performance and behaviors.
- To ensure competition is monitored closely and have an awareness of the general student recruitment market and react quickly to any external influences
- Support with the pricing and strategy processes each year and throughout the year, obtaining sign-off in a timely manner and ensuring documentation of approvals.
- Keep abreast of current trends in the student accommodation market and be able to quickly react and respond to university and industry changes.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times and in all matters, adhering to Data Protection and the General Data protection regulations.
- Understands data, analytical in your approach and ability to translate into enhanced performance
- Commercially minded
- Experienced in setting and managing budgets
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent planning, organising and time-management skills
- Confident and articulate presenter
- Ability to deal effectively with people of every level and must be able to quickly gain credibility with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to delegate and prioritise effectively in line with business requirements
- Emotionally intelligent, ability to motivate, engage and understand the strengths and weaknesses of a team
- Ability to adapt and thrive with continual changes and growth
- Proven experience managing marketing campaigns from inception to completion
- Proven experience managing an internal team
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at one time
- Ability to work to tight timelines
- Experience working in the university and property sectors (Student Accommodation / New Homes / BTR) or student recruitment sector
- Knowledge of international student recruitment markets (China, South Asia, Middle East)
- Knowledge and operational use of HubSpot CRM
- Knowledge of Tenancy management systems, Kinetics being an advantage
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension contribution
- Life assurance cover
- Group income protection