We are looking for an experienced Site Manager – Logistics to join our talented in-house Construction team. Based at our largest development yet, the Manager will work across our First Street development – an innovative multi-purpose development consisting of four high-rise towers. You will help manage the safe and efficient movement of materials, goods, and equipment to support the site logistics across the £300 million development.
Downing is a family-owned, market leading real estate investment, development and property management business; highly regarded in the student accommodation sector. Downing has operated for over 30 years, with 15 student accommodation sites across 9 major cities, and a further £1bn of upcoming developments in our pipe line.
- Ensuring the organisations health and safety policies are implemented and followed regarding logistics.
- Liaising with the relevant staff and suppliers managing movements to and from the site
- Contribute to the achievement of Downing Construction’s safety targets and zero tolerance of unsafe working practices and occurrences.
- To deliver the sub project to the client within budget, Quality Assurance standards, on programme and to stringent safety parameters.
- To work with the planning team to develop detailed and accurate short-term programmes of work.
- To assess the staff capability and performance.
- To be conscious of build and delivery of the section/ project.
- To provide accurate and timely reporting of progress of the project.
- To ensure adoption of innovative ideas from within the business and from the workforce.
- To plan the programming of day-to-day resource requirement and communicate these to the construction team.
- To interface with other sections managers to share best practice and ensure effective resource utilisation.
- To monitor external changes to work plans and report the effect of change.
- To lead section meetings and review progress in productivity, design and achievement of commercial requirements.
- To ensure effective implementation Downing’s project management systems and procedures.
- Contribute to the contract review process.
- Detailed knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation, awareness and process
- Site Logistics experience
- Leadership and people management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of project flow and demand fulfilment
- Good knowledge of plant equipment
- The ability to work with initiative when outside influences affect planned operations
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance cover
- Pension contribution
- Permanent Health Insurance scheme