Site Manager/ Section Manager
- To provide the construction management and production leadership for a work package within a large project or for all field production on a smaller site.
- Experience of Internals & managing brickwork packages is required to support the project.
- Contributing to the achievement of Downing’s safety targets and zero tolerance of unsafe working practices and occurrences.
- To deliver the sub project to the client within budget, Quality Assurance standards, on programme and to stringent safety parameters.
- To work with the planning team to develop detailed and accurate short term programmes of work.
- To assess the staff capability and performance.
- To conscious of build and delivery of the section/ project.
- To provide accurate and timely reporting of progress of the project.
- To ensure adoption of innovative ideas from within the business and from the workforce.
- To plan the programming of day to day resource requirement and communicate these to the construction team.
- To interface with other sections managers to share best practice and ensure effective resource utilisation.
- To monitor external changes to work plans and report the effect of change.
- To lead section meetings and review progress in productivity, design and achievement of commercial requirements.
- To ensure effective implementation Downing’s project management systems and procedures.
- Contribute to the contract review process.
- Leadership and people management skills
- Experience of internals and large scale brickwork
- Detailed knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
- Influencing skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Thorough understanding of project flow and demand fulfillment
- Good knowledge of plant and equipment
- The ability to work with initiative when outside influences affect planned operations