Downing Construction is currently expanding and has further schemes planned to complement its existing scheme in the City Centre of Manchester.
This will provide further opportunities for Site Managers to work as part of the in-house Construction Team in the Manchester area.
- The Site Managers are required to support new build multi storey residential accommodation.
- The requirement is to support a multi phased development with a 3–4-year time frame
- Contributing to the achievement of Downing’s safety targets and zero tolerance of unsafe working practices and occurrences.
- To deliver the sub project to the client within budget, Quality Assurance standards, on programme and to stringent safety parameters.
- To work with the planning team to develop detailed and accurate short term programmes of work.
- To assess the staff capability and performance.
- To conscious of build and delivery of the section/ project.
- To provide accurate and timely reporting of progress of the project.
- To ensure adoption of innovative ideas from within the business and from the workforce.
- To plan the programming of day to day resource requirement and communicate these to the construction team.
- To interface with other sections managers to share best practice and ensure effective resource utilisation.
- To monitor external changes to work plans and report the effect of change.
- To lead section meetings and review progress in productivity, design and achievement of commercial requirements.
- To ensure effective implementation Downing’s project management systems and procedures.
- Contribute to the contract review process.
- Leadership and people management skills
- Experience of internals and large scale brickwork
- Detailed knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
- Influencing skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Thorough understanding of project flow and demand fulfilment
- Good knowledge of plant and equipment
- The ability to work with initiative when outside influences affect planned operations