Site Secretary / Document Controller
For over 30 years Downing have developed and managed award-winning accommodation and commercial buildings for a range of blue-chip companies, central government departments and leading universities. We are currently working on our largest scheme yet, with a range of impressive upcoming developments in our pipeline.
We are looking for an experienced Site Secretary / Document Controller to join our multi-million-pound Edinburgh development as the company continues its rapid period of expansion. The new development is set to include 323 student bedrooms, 95 private residential properties, and community spaces.
- Meet and greet visitors to site
- To organise internal and external visitor meetings for site staff
- Manage access control / fob systems
- Responding to customer enquiries
- Liaise with Head Office, Accounts and external parties
- Taking Minutes in meetings and typing / distributing when required
- Answering the telephone; dealing with routine enquiries, taking and fielding calls as appropriate
- Processing and distributing mail and dealing with outgoing mail
- Maintain accurate records of delivery notes / plant returns and timesheets
- Manage / log accurately all PPE equipment issues / borrowed
- Recording the status, issue and location of all controlled documentation including drawings
- Compiling the relevant information to produce Progress Reports, Schedules of Required Information and Procurement Schedules for distribution.
- Managing document filing and archiving systems using the electronic and in-house filing system
- Document printing and distribution to all departments and subcontractors.
- Recording office expenditure and managing the site office budget and petty cash
- Maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment
- Using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases, faxing, scanning and photocopying
- Supporting Managers and Site Staff
- Keeping the office in a clean and tidy manner and organising maintenance call-out as and when for office equipment
- To organise refreshments for meetings and visitors
- Previous experience working as a Site Secretary / Document Controller within a Construction environment.
- To have knowledge of Site Safety and Site Quality System and update Health and Safety Policies as requested and ensure they are distributed
- To have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook and undertake routine IT and administrative tasks
- Previous experience working on large scale, multi-build Construction projects
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail
- Strong communicator
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Friday, 7.30am – 4pm (potential room for flexibility)
- Competitive salary
- 20 days holidays plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension
- Life Assurance