Title: Site Secretary
Reports to: Project Manager
Location: River Street, Manchester
Downing has been operating for 30 years, across three successful divisions: mixed use development, property management, and construction and an award winning, leading provider of innovative, high quality student accommodation across the UK and Scotland.
The business is currently in a rapid period of expansion and its holistic approach is the key to its sustainability. Maintaining a thriving investment portfolio the business is continuing to grow as a major force in the property industry throughout the UK.
The role is required to support the build of a new 807 bedroom student accommodation building at River Street Manchester.
To facilitate the smooth running of the site office and ensure that the office is kept clean and in an orderly manner. Hours of work are Monday to Friday working 8.00 am to 5.00 pm.
This role involves varied duties according to the schedule of work and the site, but activities typically include:
- Supporting Managers and Site Staff
- Meet and greet visitors to site
- To organise internal and external visitor meetings for site staff
- Taking Minutes in meetings and typing / distributing when required
- Answering the telephone; dealing with routine enquiries, taking and fielding calls as appropriate
- Processing and distributing mail and dealing with outgoing mail
- Typing reports and undertaking general administration
- Keep accurate records of delivery notes / plant returns and timesheets
- Manage access control / fob systems
- Manage / log accurately all PPE equipment issues
- Responding to customer enquiries
- Recording the status, issue and location of all controlled documentation including drawings
- Compiling the relevant information to produce Progress Reports, Schedules of required information and Procurement schedules for distribution.
- Managing document filing and archiving systems using the electronic and in-house filing system
- Document printing and distribution to all departments and subcontractors.
- Recording office expenditure and managing the site office budget and petty cash
- Liaise with Head Office and Accounts
- Maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment
- Keeping the office in a clean and tidy manner and organising maintenance call-out as and when for office equipment
- To organise refreshments for meetings and visitors
- Using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases, faxing, scanning and photocopying
- Previous experience of working in a construction site office would be a huge advantage
- To have knowledge of Site Safety and Site Quality System and update Health and Safety Policies as requested and ensure they are distributed
- To have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook and undertake routine IT and administrative tasks
- To be self-motivated, well organised and work well under pressure
- First class written and verbal communication skills