An exciting opportunity has opened up for an experienced social media and content executive to join our in-house marketing team to help drive our B2B and B2C strategy. This is a full-time, permanent position which will be based at Downing’s Head Office in Liverpool City Centre.
Downing is a specialist property group who has a reputation for delivering excellence. For more than 30 years, Downing has developed, built and managed bespoke residential and commercial schemes for a range of blue-chip companies, central government departments and leading universities.
Downing is also one of the leading providers of purpose-built student accommodation. It accounts for a large part of its portfolio and this role requires generating creative consumer content to drive engagement and interaction across our Downing Students social media channels.
The company is looking for someone who can create thumb-stopping social media content to support its B2C marketing strategy for Downing Students, as well as manage its corporate Downing LinkedIn profile.
The individual will have a good understanding of the full marketing mix and be able to add support to other divisions within the group (property management, construction and development), be organised and have excellent communication skills.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement and manage Downing’s social media strategy in line with the business goals and overall marketing plan
- Creative copywriting and rich media production
- Strong understanding of social media scheduling and reporting tools
- Create and implement stand out social media content across Downing Students Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube channels
- Ensure Downing’s corporate LinkedIn page is regularly updated
- Ability to create and edit video content for social media use
- An understanding of basic design programmes such as Canva, Photoshop or Illustrator
- Community management of Facebook Groups
- Create and manage all social media advertising aligned to the overall marketing strategy
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring all social media channels and ensuring all enquiries and messages are responded to in a timely manner
- Measure and analyse the success of campaigns through monthly reports
- Build relationships and find new influencers to collaborate on social media content
- Work with the wider marketing team to produce cohesive tactical cross channel campaigns
- Work closely with suppliers including event, print, digital and design agencies
- Propose and implement new initiatives and ideas, staying up to date with the latest social media trends, best practices and technologies
We are looking for someone who is very organised, addicted to social media and passionate about marketing, with a creative flair and the ability to work in a fast-paced department.
The individual will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience within a busy, social media focussed marketing position
- Excellent copywriting skills and solid practical experience of managing social media campaigns.
- Proficient in design software (photoshop/Illustrator) and experience creating video content.
- Previous experience maintaining website content with knowledge of WordPress and Google Analytics.
- Ability to network with key stake holders in the business and extract information for content.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage your own workload and use your own initiative in order to complete tasks in a timely manner to a high standard.
Downing employees get to work within fantastic environments, with passionate team members and will be fully supported by a management team who have extensive experience within the field of student accommodation. You’ll also receive:
- Competitive salary
- Paid over-time
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance cover