We are currently looking for an experienced Systems Accountant with experience in Dynamics NAV to join our busy Finance team based in Downing’s Head Office. The successful candidate will act as an intermediary between the Accounts team and the Consultant during improvements to the implemented base version of NAV.
For over 30 years Downing have developed, built and managed bespoke residential and commercial schemes for a range of blue-chip companies, central government departments and leading universities.
We have become a leading name in the world of purpose-built student accommodation and have upheld an excellent reputation for our award-winning design and high-end quality. We are within our most significant expansion phase to date, with a number of high-profile projects currently under construction, and many more in the pipeline.
- Acquiring a detailed working knowledge of the Dynamics NAV system, led by training from the external consultant;
- Co-ordinating the implementation of the roll out for each of the entities within the business (currently in progress) – broadly 100+ entities primarily comprising property investment/operating entities together with a number of service companies (construction, asset management, property management);
- Being the in-house contact point for consultant and disseminating updates across the business;
- Co-ordinating system queries and issues raised from accounts team during transition. Being the system ‘go-to’ person in the team;
- The system is linked to an Excel based management reporting tool – Jet. Assisting management accountants, financial controller and finance director with the design and use of Jet reports.
- Assist the accounts team with any other duties as required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for the role.
- Excellent Excel reporting skills
- Process improvement experience/ requirement gathering form both technical and functional terms and identifying solutions
- Documenting/training experience
- Act as a support point of contact for all users’ company wide and play a key role in driving changes to improve business process through ongoing systems review and development
- Deliver identifiable business benefits from the existing applications; Building on the existing platform
- Provide Ad Hoc training and support to the users of the system
- Facilitate and embed business change where required.
- Construction finance knowledge preferable
- Finance knowledge up to management accounting level
- Free on-site gym
- Modern office
- Contributory pension
- Life assurance
- Central location